Radical Mission Discussion

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Who Will You Serve?

As we pull nearer to the elections, we acquire overwhelmed with political advertisement and rhetoric that acquires so difficult to weed out the good and bad. The good thing as Christians is that we are not conformed to the mental images of this world, but are foreigners in a unusual land, right? Yes, we necessitate to be aware of all that is going on around us, but are also called to be separate.

As I was thinking on those things this morning, I was brought to the poetry establish in Joshua 24:15..."And if it look wicked unto you to function the Lord, take you this twenty-four hours whom ye will serve; whether the Gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the Gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will function the Lord."

As human beings, we are given the freedom to take who we will serve. Rich Person you made a base in your home? Or are you wishy-washy depending on if things are going well or not? Brand a base 1 manner or the other...I am making a base on the concluding portion of this verse..."as for me and my house, we will function the Lord"...POINT BLANK!!!

That necessitates a batch from us...does it intend everything is always easy? NO. Volition there be struggles? as long as we dwell in an imperfect world...YES! But, we are "Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great Supreme Being and our Jesus Of Nazareth Jesus Christ"(Titus 2:13)...

Before I stop today, we necessitate to take another expression at our poetry for the week...John 3:30 "He must increase, but I must decrease." Goes right along with our passage, doesn't it? Those of you who haven't got it memorized have got got got until Monday before it's clock for our adjacent verse...be working on it!

I pray that you have a great twenty-four hours and expression forward to seeing many of you at our 2nd Annual Trunk or Treat tonight from 6-7:30 PM...

Please allow me cognize if there is a particular supplication petition I can word on your behalf today.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home